A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies collect information about users, such as their names, addresses, e-mail details, passwords and user preferences. While cookies and the information they transmit may not identify a living individual on their own, they may be able to do so in combination with other information held by the online provider or a third party.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and will allow you to make your travel booking and enable us to fulfil your requests.
- Functionality cookies.These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region and your choice of currency).
- Targeting cookies.These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. If the cookie is set by a third party (for example, an advertising network) which also monitors traffic on other websites, this type of cookie may also be used to track your movements across different websites, create profiles of your general online behaviour and serve you with targeted online advertising. Our cookie-based advertising activity includes the presentation of a selection of travel related products/services that you’ve viewed on our website, when you visit other selected websites or social media channels. The adverts may also feature different ‘The Origins’ products/services that might be considered relevant to your browsing history. We use advertising solutions delivered by various third-party companies to serve you these advertisements. Where we share data for the purposes mentioned above, it is encrypted and does not include your name.
Third Party Cookies:
Please note that we do not have control of all of the third-party cookies set on our site. These third parties may include, for example, advertising networks and providers of external services like web traffic analysis services. These third-party cookies are mainly analytical cookies or targeting cookies.
Please review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options,” to exercise choices you have for certain Cookies. If you disable or delete certain Cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of this Site, and you may be required to re-enter your log-in details.
To learn more about certain Cookies used for interest based advertising (including through cross-device tracking) and to exercise certain opt-out choices you may have regarding Cookies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance-Canada, European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance
Please also visit the following third parties’ websites to exercise certain opt-out choices over Cookies:
- Google Analytics – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Apple – https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/ads/settings
- Google Ads – https://adssettings.google.com/
- Criteo – https://www.criteo.com/privacy/
By exercising such choice regarding interest based advertising, you may still receive advertisements, but the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your interests. You should also know that logging out of your user account will not actually mean that you opt out of personalized advertisements.
How to block cookies and what happens if you do:
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that enables you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Most browsers are set by default to accept cookies, but you can change your settings on your browser to block some or all cookies if you prefer. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies), you may not be able to access all or parts of our website. If you don’t like how this affects your online experience, it’s just as easy to change things back again. Some browsers allow you to opt out of all third party cookies.
How long do cookies endure?
We keep under review how long we allow cookies to endure based on their purpose and we will remove from time to time cookies that we no longer need.
Last Updated: 1 October 2020